The skin surface could easily get damaged with too much exposure to sunlight, pollution, aging, and acne. Laser resurfacing can refresh one’s skin by removing wrinkles, marks, scars, and lines. Laser skin resurfacing removes the damaged skin layer by layer and makes the skin look younger and healthier.
A Quick Look Into The Types Of Lasers
There are two lasers mainly used for laser skin resurfacing procedure:
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing - This method treats age spots, wrinkles, lines, uneven color tones, and other skin damages without affecting the surrounding skin layers.
- Erbium Laser Resurfacing - This method works better for people with darker skin. This could remove deep lines, wrinkles from the face, and neck without affecting the surrounding skin layers.
Simple laser treatment for a few scars and marks would take 30-45 minutes, whereas, for the whole face, it will take 2-3 hours. For small areas, the doctor would numb those skin layers, and anaesthesia would be given if the entire face needs to be treated.
Benefits Of Laser Treatment:
- Improvement of appearance of the skin.
- Skin pigmentation would be reduced.
- Minimizes the sun damage, acne, and other skin issues to give more youthful look.
- It makes the skin healthier.
Tips To Do After Laser Treatment
- Avoid outdoor activities during day time
- Apply ointment as prescribed by the doctor after the treatment
- Sleeping on an extra pillow can help reduce swelling
- Take the medication as prescribed by the doctor
- Keep your skin moisturized
- Apply sunscreen while going out
Minor manageable side effects can occur for a short period of time. The skin texture and pigmentation will be improved within a few days after the treatment. The results of laser skin resurfacing are permanent. At Rama Skin Clinic, the doctor and the team provide the best solutions for all skin types.
Reviewed By: Dr Sajjan R Agarwal
Visit Us: ramaskinclinic.com
Mail Us: email@example.com
Book An Appointment: ramaskinclinic.com/fix-appointment